Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
This holiday I will be visiting the Antarctic continent in a more comfortable way than earlier and the upcoming 2012 Expedition! I will be lecturing onboard The World.
Surprises happens, but right now sitting in my cabin in the forest in the outskirts of Oslo, I can only see two big challenges on this trip Zodiac bateau pneumatique:
- As a landlubber: Seasickness!
- As woman loving my jeans: The dress code …
Here are the themes of my lectures:
- Good Girls do not Ski to the South Pole.
My Solo and unsupported expedition the South Pole 1994.
- No Horizon is so Far.
Ann Bancroft and Liv Arnesen. The first women to cross the Antarctic Continent 2000-01.
- In Headwind and Tailwind.
Stories from the Arctic Ocean, Svalbard, Mt. Everest, South Georgia and Mount Everest.
- Nansen, Amundsen, Scott and Shackleton.
Four Great Explorers focusing on their leadership.